Where Can I Apply for a Visa? - EURO

UEFA European Championship Final Tournament 2024, Legal Information

Content Type
UEFA Guidelines

Applications for Schengen visas must be made in the country of your legal residence. They have to be made personally at the embassy or consulate (or a designated service provider, please check the information on the website of the embassy or consulate competent for your visa application) of the country you intend to visit. If you intend to visit more than one country in the Schengen area, the embassy or consulate of the country where you will spend the longest time is competent. If you intend to visit several countries in the Schengen area for equal lengths of time, you should apply at the embassy or consulate of the country through which you will first enter the Schengen area. If Germany is the only, the main, or the first country you will visit in the Schengen area, as explained above, you must apply for your visa at the German embassy or consulate in or responsible for the country in which you are legally resident. A full list of German embassies and consulates can be found at: www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/aussenpolitik/laenderinformationen/

In very rare and exceptional cases, visas may be requested at border crossing points. A visa issued at an external border will be a visa limited to the country of entry and entitles the holder to stay for a maximum of 15 days. It is therefore highly recommended to follow the standard procedure and to apply in advance to the respective consulate in order to prevent any issue with the delivery of visas.